Sunday, April 22, 2007

VMCC West South Wales Gower Ride



I have not used the Triumph a great deal over the winter, mainly because I have other bikes to ride and it seems a shame to subject it to the ravages of the salt they put down on the roads these days. I was disappointed that I did not make the St. David's Day Run, but the rain was torrential so I gave it a miss.

How nice to see the sun out for the VMCC West South Wales run around the Gower Coast. With a start in my home town of Carmarthen I was pleased to see an impressive turnout of some 50 bikes (or so it seemed). Morrison's car park positively vibrated when they all started up.



I managed to convince my mate Hywel to come along on his Norton Commando. It is strange but there never seems to be an organised start time on these runs, just a lot of bikers get on their bikes and ride off. So off we went. The route was a very interesting one.

Leaving Carmarthen to take the B road down to Ferryside and then along the coast road to Kidwelly. The sound and sights of old bikes on old roads in the sun with the sea in view is quite nostalgic and makes all the work needed to keep these bikes in fine fettle worth it.

I didn't manage to get any photographs on route because contrary to expectations these bikes don't half go on small twisty roads and it was all I could do to keep up (honest!!!).

The obligatory coffee spot was at the newly developed docks area of Llanelli. A good stoping point and plenty of room to park.







A good ride on some superb roads. It was a shame we did not arrive earlier to chat more but there is always next time!

No comments: